Friday, January 8, 2010

Two posts in one night?!?!?

I stole this from Once Upon A Tambo...;)


1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Bought a house, flew to the U.K. with my two children, became a kindergarten mother (yuk)

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any, so I didn't break any. I decided that there is too much pressure for me if I think about a new year being a new start. That way, if something goes wrong, I feel as if the year is doomed!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, especially the Japan Ladies! Everyone was popping them out!

4. Did anyone close to you die? No.

5. What countries did you visit? U.K. and The Netherlands to visit my sister!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A job, for some extra cash, also I am ready for a little more time to myself so I can spend time with the family without feeling resentful. But to be honest, I am very lucky with what I have.

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Nothing for this one. Of course, L turned one and H turned 3, but those dates are etched anyway!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Making a nice home?

9. What was your biggest failure? Ah, there is no failure. Positive thinking!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just minor aches and pains, and another appendix issue...

11. What was the best thing you bought? Definitely the house!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? H has been great this year. She has put up with a lot of changes and done really well.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Parents who don't belt up their children in the car. At all. I seriously think they should be locked up.

14. Where did most of your money go? Furniture and other house stuff at the end of the year, otherwise just average, probably mostly food. My family consume ridiculous amounts of it!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? HOUSE!!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? Paparazzi and Poker Face - Lady Gaga. H is a HUGE fan.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder? Well, I think I was a bit too self-indulgent and felt sorry for myself about being lonely. Now, I have adjusted and started to look at things from a different angle. Feels good not to whinge!
ii. thinner or fatter? 6kg thinner, yay!
iii. richer or poorer? definitely poorer...

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? economising, cleaning

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? worrying

20. How will you be spending Christmas? I'm wondering whether this year will be in the U.K., ut thinking that might be a shame seeing as Christmas Day is on a Saturday this year.

22. Did you fall in love in 2009? Ha ha, yes, with my gym..and cleaning products..I am a woman obsessed..

23. How many one-night stands? nope

24. What was your favorite TV program? Perfect Housewife (sad, I know)

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No hate, but I intensely dislike the kindie mummies..

26. What was the best book you read? This Charming Man - Marion Keyes

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? hmmm, nothing this year I don't think..

28. What did you want and get? A house!

29. What did you want and not get? A job.

30. What were your favorite films of this year? No time to watch any!

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Just the usual day. I try not to build it up. Y came home and gave me a hot water bottle cover, with a ring box hidden inside - lovely white gold ring *O*

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not going down that road..remember, positive thinking!

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Slim casual and slightly retro :D

34. What kept you sane? the gym

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? hmm...Josh Hartnett?

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Bah, they all rub me up the wrong way.

37. Who did you miss? My family

38. Who was the best new person you met? Have to say Sarah and Sophie!

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. Don't take to heart what people tell you/advise you/suggest to you. There is no right way to live your life/raise a child/be a wife. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that's all it is..THEIR opinion.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: TOO HARD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment