Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Not lazy!

It's been sooooo long since my last post, but this time, it's not out of laziness. I often thing about things that I want to write about here. Mostly when I'm hanging out laundry for some reason..but alas, I never get around to it. The reason for this is my new found motivation. I KNEW I hadn't lost it. It was just chilling out for a while, but is now back with a vengence (is that the right spelling..?). Anyway, for the month of December, I have been to the gym for a total of 10 out of 11 possible days, i.e. days when Y is working/practicing for dancing at weddings (don't ask..)/out for bonenkai and Fridays and Sundays, when I am not allowed to go to the gym because of my membership type. So I am embracing this new motivation, which also seems to have led to eating less and better. Plus being out of the house for the gym from 9:30 until about 11:45 means no chance to get bored and start mindlessly snacking. I get home, have an orange/carrot/some pepper and then go to bed.

This month has also seen the, and I say this tentatively, end of the breastfeeding. Since December 15th, Luka has had only one feed, and that was a desperation one in the middle of the day. He is not having a feed at bedtime, just a cup of warm milk. This is a challenge in itself because he doesn't really seem to like cow's milk, but will take it if he is thirsty, and seems to enjoy drinking something warm. So to keep up his calcium intake, he is eating lots of cheese, nothing new there, little fish and yoghurt. Ok, so back to the getting fit and losing weight thing. Before I stopped bfing, I had lost a grand total of FIVE kilos - yippee!!! Then after the nursing stopped, I went up 400 grammes literally overnight. So far, this has not come off and I have hit a plateau. I refuse to let this put me off, however, and am still religiously exercising and eating well. It may not be anything to do with nursing, and could just be that my body has gained more muscle, because oh joy of joys, I noticed that my stomach is starting to show signs of a "4-pack"!!! Now I must clarify, I still have a tum, lower down, but I'm talking midriff here, and small steps and all that. I have NEVER had anything more than a 2 pack, and that was just fat...yuk...so I am determined to lose another 10kgs (or less if I'm happy with my figure) by mid 2010 I am still not back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but only another kilo to go, so that will be great! I have already been able to extend my wardrobe with clothes from before, but sadly other clothes have become too big. Not that I really mind in the long run!

So here I sit, writing this at one a.m., and thinking that I REALLY need to go to bed if I'm going to avoid oversleeping again tomorrow. Can you believe that I need to start using an alarm clock again?!?! Heaven! Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment